- I am LOVING shorter runs lately. Anything 6 miles and under, and I am FLYING these days! I’m somehow down to cranking out 8:30 -9:00 minute miles consistently, and I’m negative splitting these short runs like CRAZY!
- Strength training is still going well. I really need to work on my shoulder strength – it’s abysmal. I’m getting there, slowly but surely. Alpha Regional Showdown 2013, I’m coming for you.
- Speaking of that, I’ve upped my personal training to once a week instead of twice a month. It’s expensive, and I went back and forth on it, but with my new job and my new strength training goals, I really think it will help.
- I am now wearing a size that I haven’t worn since my sophomore year of college – 8 years ago. Say whaaaaat?!
- Since I talked about trying to find balance between work and my training goals/healthy habits, I had a great week! I packed in 5 solid workouts last week, for a total of 20 miles and 3 strength training sessions! I also ate really well and got more sleep. I call that a major win.
- This past weekend, I got to see my niece for the first time in a few months. She’ll be two in October, and she’s practically a grown up already. I do not like. Stop growing up, little one!!!
- The Huz was out of town for a guys trip, and I reveled in a brief 2 nights of “singledom.” Instead of going crazy, I threw on my jammies, ordered pizza, did laundry, snuggled in bed with my chick lit, watched insane amounts of trash TV and romantic comedies, went running, lifted weights, hung out by the pool, and took up as much of the bed as humanly possible. I missed him a lot, but it was G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S.
- I can’t believe summer is almost over. I’ve never been a huge summer person, but my new found ability to rock a bikini has changed that. I don’t summer to end. Ever.
- Then again, lots of cool stuff happens in the fall – namely one of my favorite conferences, our one year anniversary, and… a HONEYMOON! It’s about damn time.
And #10 :
Life is great. Even when it’s not so good, it’s still great.