The lovely Lynne of LGSMASH (a fellow FitFluential Ambassador) and Larissa of Larissa Milano Fitness (a fellow Tough Chik) both tagged me in “getting to know you” posts. So, I decided to be a rule breaker and combine them! Rules are meant to be broken, so here we go…
7 Things You Heretofore Did Not Know About One Run at a Time:
- I am adopted – and proud of it. My parents adopted me at birth and were supposed to bring me home from the hospital on Valentine’s Day. But, as fate would have it, there was a huge snowstorm and they had to wait until the roads were cleared the next day. My Dad drove about 15 miles an hour the entire way home because he was so paranoid.
- I’ve never had a strong desire to find my birth parents. Don’t get me wrong, I have no hard feelings. In fact, I’m extraordinarily grateful to them for giving me a wonderful life, but my parents will always be my parents. I have the most amazing Mom & Dad I could have hoped for, and that’s more than enough for me.
- The huz and I met on the internet. True story. We were both in grad school, and desperate to meet people outside of our cohorts. We both made great friends, but grad school can easily take over your life – when you see the same 8 people day in and day out, it gets a little old. So, we turned to Plenty Of Fish. Our first date was a rock climbing session at the campus rec center, and the rest is history.
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Anthropology. In undergrad, I studied primate sexual behavior, and no that’s not a euphemism. I was also a research assistant at the Columbus Zoo, which was a blast! Basically, I observed the bonobos and recorded their interactions at specific intervals. If you know anything about bonobos, then you know there was a lot of hanky panky going on. I know, it’s a little weird. Just roll with it.
- I am slightly obsessed with Flogging Molly. I’ve seen them live 16 times, and it never gets old. I’ve also chatted with them a few of times, and they really are some of the most down to earth, genuinely nice people who truly believe in what they do. A couple of years ago, I got a post-show sweat drenched birthday hug from Dennis Casey. Swoon.
- I HATE it when people knock on my door. Once in college, I was asleep and dreaming that there was an intruder in my apartment, when a roommates boyfriend thought it would be funny to pound on my door, yelling ” WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR MONEY?!” Yeah, real funny, dude. Ever since then, my heart jumps out of my chest and I can practically feel my blood pressure skyrocket when I unexpectedly hear a door knock.
- A big chunk of my heart is in Wisconsin. My grandma’s family is from Wisconsin, and since my Dad was a baby, she took him and his brothers to a cabin on a teeny tiny little lake in the Northern Highland Lake District. Of course my parents carried on the tradition – it’s practically in our blood! We spent every summer just outside of Boulder Junction, fishing, hiking, canoeing, and eating s’mores by the lake. Someday, I’d like to live there year round.
Larissa’s Questions for me (I chose 7 for the sake of time & space):
- How long have you been running and what made you start? Just about a year, and I started to decompress and do something for myself after grad school.
- Favorite race that you have run? It’s a tie between the 2010 Flying Pig Half Marathon & The Liberty Half Marathon
- Favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Go for a run, then take a nice hot shower and snuggle up on the couch with a good book or some trashy TV and a giant mug of tea.
- If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- Do you have any pets? What are they? Yes! Moka is a 10 year old terrier mix, and Myles is an 8 year old giant black cat.
- Biggest fear and why? Losing a loved one. ‘Nuff said.
- If you won the lotto would you still keep your current job? If not what would you do? Yes. I love my work, and I’m not good at being idle – gotta stay busy somehow, and it might as well be doing something I love!
Instead of tagging people, I want to hear from ALL of you :
- If you could have anything you wanted to eat at this specific moment in time, what would it be?
- For those who love the gents: Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling?
- For those who love the ladies: Jessica Biel or Jessica Alba?
- Favorite quote of the moment?